Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Michael Kors | Large Selma Satchel

*sighs* Ah, the Selma satchel from Michael Kors. No denying she's a beaut. Everyone and their mother on this island has one (or possibly 15) Michael Kors bags to their name, but this one is unique. It's not plastered with "Michael Kors" symbols, insignia, or writing all over it's beautiful shape. It's got a gorgeous structure that stands tall to allow room for everything and anything you'd want to put it in. It makes a statement without being too gaudy and out there, which is why I love it. Before classes started up this was my go-to bag. Now I sport a rather cute backpack, but I digress. It fits everything I could ever need to take with me, but not too big where I start carrying my fridge, my closet, and my dog, haha. The skin of the bag is textured and scruffed up leather. I love that it has the arm handles, as well as a strap for cross body or just holding it on your shoulder. I'm a cross body girl all the way so holding it in the crook of my arm will take some getting used to. Inside of the bag are plenty of pockets and zippers so you can hide your keys, personal items, small make up pieces and any other small items to your hearts content. There's also a pretty spacious bottom so you can fit water bottles, nooks, kindles, iPads, wallets, and other things like that. It's not too heavy on it's own so most of the weight you carry will come from what you keep inside. Right now mine's a mess on the inside, but more on that another day XD I got this bag from my mom for Hanukkah but I was saving up for it myself. It's more expensive than a bag you'd get at Forever21 or H&M, but it's not the most expensive bag. It's a great investment piece because the style is so simple that you'll get use out of it for a good few years. I can't wait for school to end and I can go back to using this beaut every day!
What's your favorite bag at the moment?

13 comments:

  1. I have this one in the blue spring color. I love it! It's by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually looking for a bag very similar to that, just without the shorter handles on the bag. I don't like that look since I just want a long strap so I can use the bag as a crossbody. But at least with the handles being able to be down, it's better than those that just stick up and look even weirder.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER, MAKEUP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a lot of searching, I settled on this bag last year. I wanted one that wouldn't "flop" and held its shape. And stood up on its own. I wanted it to be black so I could wear it with everything. Ideally saffiano leather so it wouldn't show scratches. I didn't want it to be too huge either. This was THE one. My boyfriend got it for me (most generous gift he's every given me, OMG). It's my first Kors bag and I'm so happy with the quality. It's everything I wanted. My only wish is that it would be an inch taller so my laptop could fit in it. I LOVE IT.
    bagtwinsies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a beautiful bag Jess!! Seriously timeless and it's so nice that the Michael Kors name/logo isn't slapped all over the outside of the bag; it's seriously the biggest turn off for me… no way I want to carry around a big advertisement! Much love dearest :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag! Love how functional but classy it looks, I can imagine you enjoying and using it for many years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bag. I'm currently saving up for one :D
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! wish I could afford one but the £330 price tag is a little out of my reach just now :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great classic bag! I am loving my Philip Lim for Target mini satchel at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Michael Kors bags! I feel like you get what you pay for, as they're really functional as well as pretty and timeless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bag is gorgeous! I love when purses don't create the distraction of their insignia and name all over the place, it defeats the beauty of it.

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this one is on my wishlist for so long ! I love it !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)