Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Quick Post: #HurricaneSandy

Hi everyone! Long time no talk. Oh? It's only been 4 days? Feels ways longer. I hope everyone is doing okay after this insanity that no one expected. I hope nothing too damaging happened and you and your families are alright and safe. It's unreal how horrible everything is here. New Yorkers were certainly not expecting it at all. My power has been out since Monday afternoon and my entire community was flooded. Thank goodness, by some miracle, my house was the only one not flooded. I am at a neighbor's house right now, stealing their light to charge my laptop and phone. There's no service but still. Trees are fallen everywhere, places are still flooded, and power may not be back for another week. I'm just happy that a lot are safe and it's so nice to see everyone being courteous and helping out at a time like this.

Just wanted to update and say everything is alright! I don't know when I'll be able to post again and I'm so mad (moderately) because I really wanted to post about the Debbie Harry palette, haha! Okay, others need the internet I shall get in touch soon. 

18 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you and you're family are okay, I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that things get back to normal super quick! :( :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you're okay! I've had a tab open on my iPhone of our news website getting live updates on the storm so I know what's happening. So glad to hear that you're okay though, and I can't believe your house was the only one not flooded. That's crazy! But so, so good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got your e-mail, sorry I couldn't respond! It was by chance I even was able to open it. The news is scary, I'm watching it now and it's unbelievable. I know, it's crazy! I'm so thankful though. Thank you so much for the e-mail though, it meant a lot <3 :) xx

      Delete
    2. That's okay! I knew you probably wouldn't have any internet connection but I wanted to send it anyway just incase. I saw that you posted on here though and it made me feel much better! :) so glad you're alright x

      Delete
  3. I am so happy that you're ok. I will keep you in my thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that you're ok. I hope you continue to stay safe! I can't even imagine what you must be going through. It's so weird being away from the states at a time like this even though I wouldn't be directly affected by the storm if I were at home. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I'm glad you wouldn't have been affected. It's just awful ):

      Delete
  5. Sorry you lost your power! I was so worried that I would loose power because our lights kept flickering, but thankfully we didn't. Just really strong winds and a couple of broken tree branches. Hope everything gets back to normal soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for that! Still no power here, for another week but things could be a lot worse than no power! :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you made it through Sandy one piece and I hope thing will get back to normal soon!

    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear that you're safe! I've been thinking about you girlie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe as can be. It's terrible walking around outside ): Hope you guys are doing okay <3

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear you're safe! I'm okay in Ohio, but the wind & weather is still not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! We get little tinges of sunshine but it's not for very long. Hope you at least have some heat! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you are safe and great blog by the way.
    http://doseofglambition.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)