Friday, October 26, 2012

Boo! | Spooktacular Ghost Nails

Stick-on nails are all the rage! The lazy lady's go to for fine, fresh, and fancy nails! Or is it? I personally think they take way longer than just painting my nail's with polish (save for, the drying time). I have to size each nail perfectly before peeling off the layer's of transparent film, making sure they apply with no bubbles. Then you have to carefully file off excess nail strip, quite carefully to avoid tearing or pulling it. I even managed to stab myself with that little wooden stick! Don't laugh, it hurt! Haha, I need to stop blogging at midnight. My thought processes are not all there! I really do love these nail polish strips. Mostly the ones that have awesome patterns on them that I would not be able to create on my own, even in my wildest of dreams!  I picked these up at Five Below for $3 when usually these are $9.98! They were so festive for Halloween that I couldn't pass them up!
I love the way these turned out! They're so cute and Spooktacular! Only thing I didn't love was they didn't last me till Halloween! They were chipping and were complete off in about 24 hours. I'm not sure if that's because of how applied them or because my nails have been kind of sucking lately (silly cuticles!). Usually I have the best of luck with nail strips but not so much with these. I wish I would have known that so I could have applied them the day before Halloween! My sister got the same exact nail strips and hers have lasted and lasted; she even applied them way before I did. Booooo! Oh well, these are still fun to look at! I'll try and create some fancy nail art of my own to celebrate ol' Hallows Eve!

Oh, just remembered! I used the really big strips on my big toe nails, haha! Those are still well on, so hooray for festive tootsies! :)

How are you getting prepped for the spooky festivities!?

17 comments:

  1. Ahh these are adorable! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww these are absolutely brilliant! So cute :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got them at a great price! The little ghosts are so cute - perfect for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I haven't even bothered with Halloween nails at all this year, I'm straight on to my Christmas red glitter nails! :) They make me smile x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for the day after Halloween to start wearing red glitter nails! I've been on the look out for a really good and festive one! Any recommendations? :)

      Delete
  5. these are sooooooo cute! love <3
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I found your blog through bbloggers - I'm happy I did :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for following my blog, so glad I came across yours! I'm so jealous that you live in the US and especially in NEW YORK! You lucky person you.

    I love these nails, I'm still yet to try nail wraps!

    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you very much! And you're blog is brill! Don't be as of right now, we're getting hit with a hurricane! You should try them, so much fun to sport funky designs :)

      Delete
    2. That is very true, keep safe! I have a pack ready and waiting for me to try so I'll be sure to let you know how I get on :)

      Charlotte xo

      Delete
  8. Ohh I love these! So cute :)

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)