Thursday, April 19, 2012

NYC IMATS 2012


I heard about IMATS through my best internet bud Julia. We both like to obsess over very similar things and one day she asked if I knew what IMATS was. All I could think was that it was some sort of brush company, but soon discover the majesty of what IMATS truly is.

IMATS: International Make-up Artistry Trade Show

Although I’m sure many of you already know, it’s a convention for those who want to appreciate the artistry of make-up and also drop a dime on some great discounted finds on some favorite make-up brands. 

Julia and I went together and it was the most magical day of my life. Almost as magical as Disney, but there were no characters walking around. Just well dressed people with absolutely brilliant make-up. We got there pretty early, around 9:15 am, and it was slightly packed. Trying to get a swatch of any NYX blushes was a trek in itself. There was so much to ogle at and so much to swatch! My arm is still stained from the various cream blushes and eyeliners I had played around with. 

INGLOT was just the craziest booth that I had seen that day. Okay, I’m a little biased because I did have to wait an hour and 15 minutes to get jumbled service and ended up walking away with nothing. I’m happy to report that the show did redeem itself. The Naked Cosmetics booth was amazing. The pigments are seriously to DIE for! I can see why xsparkage adores them and owns every stack! 

Things started to pick up (and by that I mean the lines) around noon when all the youtube beauty gurus had arrived and everyone was flocking to meet them. Julia and I were excited to know they were there (she screamed “I LOVE YOU” to Fleur and then ran away, hahaha!) but we were just SO exhausted that our energy level completely crashed and we left after having just glanced at every booth. 

We walked away with pretty decent hauls and I’ll be sure to post here what I got as well as swatch and review them as well! Don’t know too many people with my skin tone who swatch, so if you’re severely pale, welcome! I think you’re going to like it here!

All in all, I would say that IMATS, as my first ever IMATS, was a success. I didn’t overspend and I didn’t feel like I walked away without getting everything I would want. I also came away with a lot of tips for next time to make it more enjoyable and not as strenuous!

If anyone went hope you had a great time! Can’t wait till next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)